All abstracts should respect the given template. Proposals for presentations compatible with the conference theme(s) are invited in any one of the following formats:
– Paper presentations (up to 20 minutes) – Download the template here
– Pre-formed Panel presentations. Please submit abstracts with each named speaker and their institutional affiliation (up to 90 minutes) – Download the template here
– Posters – Download the template here
– Lecture-recitals (up to 35 minutes). Proposals submissions should specify exact length and be accompanied by a short curriculum of the presenter and links – Download the template here
– Workshops (up to 60 minutes); Proposals submissions should specify exact length and be accompanied by a short curriculum of the presenter and links – Download the template here
– Concerts involving children (up to 45 minutes). Proposals submissions should specify exact length and be accompanied by a short curriculum of the presenter and links – Download the template here
Please note that active participation of children is encouraged in all presentation formats. Children must always be accompanied by an adult.
Authors should submit abstracts of up to 500 words using the online submission system https://proa.ua.pt/index.php/musichildren/about/submissions. We recommend that submissions include information on context, theoretical background, methodology and results/findings.
Presentations for the Pre-formed Panel consist of a set of integrated spoken papers relating to a theme. Abstracts submitted in this format should be up to 300 words each. The Chair must also submit an overview, a proposal of 200 words including a general description of the session that includes the purpose, motivation, and justification for the session.
musichildren’22, in partnership with the Institute of Creativity and Educational Innovations – Universidad de Valencia and the Electronic Journal of Music in Education (LEEME) is orgazing two different publication opportunities for the proposals accepted to present during the conference.
After the full paper submission (15 December 2022) authors of the best articles will be invited to write an unpublished text as chapter in the book “Creativity in the Classroom: Now it’s time to create: Sound Creation in Music Classrooms (ARTSLAB Collection) ”(2023) editors: Adolf Murillo; Jesús Tejada; Sara Carvalho; Clarissa Foletto; Mª Elena Riaño; Lluís Solé.
Moreover, a selection of articles will be peer-reviewed and published in a special issue of Revista Electrónica de LEEME (indexed in Scopus, Q1 Music).
Guidelines for articles submission will be available very soon in our website.
Abstracts must be received by
31th May 2022. 12th June 2022
Presenters will be notified by 1st July 2022.
Deadline for the full papers submission is 15th December 2022.
General enquiries about registration, travel, lodging should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org